Are you looking for a buyer for your home and also want to sell it for a good price? You should consider changing your roof and installing roof shingles. Replacing your old roof is essential to ensure it works well with all climate conditions for maximum performance. However, some homeowners may think that replacing their roofs isn’t worth the investment because of the high expense. But what if you can have quality roofing at affordable rates?
Why Should You Consider Home Roof Shingles Installation?
There are several benefits of shingle roofing and if you are looking at re-roofing options, read on to find out why you should consider home roof shingles installation.
A new roof is a great selling point for realtors. Buyers know that it will save them the trouble of re-roofing, and they’ll appreciate not having to worry about expensive replacement costs in their first few months’ homeownership. Moreover, buyers rarely have extra funds after closing on another property – so installing roof shingles could give you an edge over other houses up for sale nearby.
Besides, a house that appeals to people visually will always have the upper hand in the real estate market. Installing roof shingles will add to the visual charm of the property you are willing to sell. Also, changing your roof will take care of any roof-related issues like leakage. If your home is in good structural condition, it is bound to attract more buyers.
And, if you are worried about your financial crunch, home roof shingles installation is your best option because they are durable yet affordable. You should look for a reliable Roof Shingles Contractor for the best deals.
Benefits of Shingle Roofing
- Durability: Shingle roofing is known for its durability, and with proper care, it can last for more than 20-30 years. So, once you get the home roof shingles installation, your home will be safe for a long time!
- Withstand Strong Winds: If you live in a hurricane-prone area, roof shingles will be the perfect roofing solution for you. They can withstand strong winds and can minimize the risk of roof damage.
- Fire Resistance: Roof shingles can not only withstand winds but are resistant to fire to a large extent.
- Affordable: One of the most significant benefits of shingle roofing is its affordability. In fact, even the highest quality roof shingles are more cost-effective than other types of roofing options.
- Design Options: Roof shingles installation can be done in different ways- Three-tab, Architectural, and Slate. Depending on your taste or budget, you have the option of choosing from several styles that are best for you. Reliable roofers in your area will help with any design questions and materials needed to make it possible!
- Color Options: Unlike other roofing options, shingles are available in colors of your choice. This allows you to preserve the curb appeal of the home or improve it with attractive new colors!
- Saves Energy: Asphalt shingle roofing is energy-efficient and can help lower cooling costs in summer by reducing the heat your home absorbs during hot seasons. Cooler temperatures inside and hotter air outside mean less money spent on running the cooling system, and a shingle roof that is specifically made to keep out excess sun rays can make that possible!
Best Time of Year to Install Roof Shingles
The nature of investment and job of shingle roofing is such that it needs prior planning (unless your roof gets severely damaged in a storm and requires urgent replacement). And, fall is considered to be the best time of the year to install roof shingles.
There are primarily two reasons for this. Firstly, the weather is mild, and the conditions are better for the roofers to finish the task. Good weather condition means lesser risk. Secondly, and more importantly, shingles need warmth to form a thermal seal, without which they won’t set properly. So, if you are considering re-roofing, plan in a way that you get the home roof shingles installation during fall.
Shingles are a great roofing option, and installing roof shingles can potentially enhance the value of your home in the real estate market. However, if the installer is not skilled in shingle layouts or does not understand how to install a roof well, it doesn’t matter what kind of shingles you are using. Minor mistakes can result in major consequences such as shifting during storms which damage shingles that aren’t securely attached, allowing water to penetrate your home. Hence, no roof shingles installation guide can replace a professional roofer. Contact reputed roofing services near Fort Walton Beach to get the most striking roofs for your home.